Friday, January 27, 2012

From the Q&A, Part 2

The second question I had posted to myself within the Q&A offered this week is actually somewhat correlated to the concept of the other post on the subject. In having considered what style I thought was more significant, I began wondering exactly what it was that I thought to be the best form of transportation within the conveyance of philosophy. Taking the extra time to think about this I have come upon very little success, for there are just realistically so many possibilities.

However, there is one genre that I have always fallen back on with respect to shear appreciation of some concepts that I have witnessed within the genre itself, and that is animation. Now I must say quickly that when I mention animation, I am not talking about "anime" for I find that this generally has a different goal in mind, and thus is considered a different genre. But consider the movie that came out this past year titled "The Illusionist" (I know, you probably haven't seen it, but you should try it some time), it is a film that achieves a monumental derivation of of thought, emotion, and sense of how to live life; which when it comes down to it is like a definition of philosophy. More importantly though, this concept coordinates with two genre's that would seem at first, to be incapable of transferring this philosophy: Art and Sound, without Word or Language. It is this fact that I think sways my decision in the end to say that Animation currently takes he cake as the true conveyance tool of philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment